What are the best smoke alarms?
Now , the legislation in many countries stipulates that smoke alarms must be installed on every level of the home, which will protect you and you’re loved ones from a house fire.
But what are the best smoke alarms? Below are some tips, which may be helpful
Firstly, let us learn about the types of smoke alarms:
※Classified by the sensor of the smoke alarms, there are three types of Smoke Alarms:
1. Ionization smoke alarms: more sensitive at detecting small particles
2. Photoelectric smoke alarms: more sensitive at detecting large particles
3. Combination Ionization & photoelectric smoke alarms: are sensitive to both small and large particles.
※ Classified by the power supply, there are two types of smoke alarms
- Wired smoke alarms: need to be installed by the electricians
- Battery alarms: powered by a battery and easy to install
※ Classified by the function:
- Standalone smoke alarms: work independently
- Interconnected smoke alarms: can connect with each other in the group
- Wifi smoke alarms: can send the alert to the smartphone
- Wifi+interconnected smoke alarms: can send the alert to the smartphone and connect with each other
- Zigbee smoke alarms: can send the alert to the smartphone
- NB-IOT smoke alarms: can send the alert to the smartphone
Knowing the types of the above, You might know that the best smoke alarms should be with the features below:
***with both Ionization & photoelectric sensor, if possible ***
It will be best if one smoke alarm with both Ionization & photoelectric sensor, if not please choose one of them.
***10-year battery ***
If the smoke alarm is with the 10-year built-in lithium battery, it will last for the life of the smoke alarm, which means you don’t need to remember to change the battery each year.